- Created by: Olivia Beuzeval
- Created on: 23-04-13 08:41
Creating a website: What should be considered?
- House style
- Techniques used
List 5 interactive features of websoftware
- Online forms
What are the two types of websoftware?
- Browser software – used to search for and view websites. IE, Firefox, Safari etc
- Web development software – used to create webpages/websites. Dreamweaver, Flash etc
List three features of web browser software:
- Can access a webpage using a URL.
- Can perform key word searches.
- Can follow links.
- Can use a series of menus on websites
List 3 ways in how navigation of a site can be car
- Rollover buttons
- Back and Forward
- Anchor links
List 5 types of navigation bar:
What is a web server?
A web server is a computer that contains the information that users of the Internet can access using their web browser. A webserver needs to be permanently connected to the Internet so that all users are able to access the information. Web servers for ISP’s contain many websites.
Upload times will depend on:
- The resolution of images used on the site
- If there any animations or videos
- The number of webpages
- Complexity of the design
- The amount of content on the webpage
What are the advantages of webpages?
- Makes the information available to a huge number of people
- If you have Internet access you can get the information
- Uses multimedia to make the information more interesting
What are the disadvantages of a webpages?
- Some features can take time to load annoying users
- Not everyone has Internet access
- Broadband is required to get the full potential of websites