- Created by: EstherTheBunny
- Created on: 24-06-12 13:37
Smart Materials - 1
- Reacts with heat to change colour; hotter= red, and colder=Violet.
- Reacts to light levels.
- Lighten/darken depending on light levels-UV levels.
- e.g.: photochromatic glasses.
- Hydrochromatic ink
- changes properties when in contact with water.
- Plant pot detectors-shows water levels in soil.
- Phospheric/Phospherent ink
- absorbs light during the day and glows at night.
- It has phosporus in.
- Glow in the dark sign/stars.
1 of 2
Smart Materials - 2
- Electrochromatic ink
- e.g.: batteries- you put fingers on two ends and it shows how charged it is.
- Passing an electrical current through it changes it.
- Sprayed to make something glossy.
- Spirit varnish on a magazine-makes it waterproof, suitable for indoor use.
- UV resistant varnish-doesn't let colours fade in the sun.
- Most are waterproof.
- Oxo-degradeable- breaks down in oxygen.
- Photodegradeable- breaks down in light.
- Biodegradeable- breaks down in soil.
- Hydrodegradeable- breals down in water.
2 of 2