Being the fresh air outside..
- Improves appetitie
- Promotes a good nights sleep
- Enourages development of supple muscles
- Gives children more space to play and let of steam
- Improves gernal health
- Strengthens muscles, particulary heart and lung muscles
- Give children confidence in their abilities
- Sets good patterns for future behaviour
- Makes children feel good
- Strenghtens bones
- Reduces risk of becoming over weight
UV rays from sun on the skin produce Vitamin D. Over exposure to sunlight in childhood leads to increased risk of cancer.
Use sunblock or high sun protection factor. 30 + on babies and 15+ on older children. Reapply regularly, particulary after playing in water. Remember...
- Slip, slap, slop.
- Slip on a shirt
- Slap on a hat
- Slop on sunscreen
Protect back of neck, feet and shoulders from sun, especially when at its hottest. Keep babies in shade r under a conopy. Special UV protective clothing can be brought.