- Holding a libation bowl
- Archaic smile and slightly bulging eyes
- Opposite foot is advanced
1 of 7
Harmodius and Aristogeiton killed the tyrant Hipparchus, for democracy.
2 of 7
- Weight shifted onto back leg & head turned slightly.
- Little advance over the Aristodikes form.
3 of 7
The Riace Warriors/Bronzes
- The ideal of human form, naturalism
- Weight is concentrated on one leg leaving the other bent with a slight rotation in the torso.
4 of 7
Charioteer from Delphi
- Straight drapery - not much anatomy, lack of symmetry
- Archaic shallow locks of hair
5 of 7
Zeus/Poseidon from the sea
- Strong eyeline, along arm. Arms contrast
- Stiff and static torso
- Vivid, convincing & action packed
6 of 7
- Simple, clean static figure & charming face
- Symmetry, repetition of shapes
7 of 7
Similar Classical Civilization resources: