- Created by: kelly_brett1
- Created on: 04-05-15 15:08
Fraud Act 2006
- Fraud by false representation (untrue, misleading etc in attempt to gain for himself or cause loss to another - Filbert and Ors
Express or implied ^
- R v Ray - through CONDUCT
- Fraud by failing to disclose information - R v Rai / R v Razoq
- Fraud by abuse of position - Gale / Woods
MENS REA - Ghosh test of dishonesty
2 parts -
According to the ordinary standards of reasonable and honest people, were the D's actions dishonest?
Did the D realise that his actions were dishonest by those standards?