For Embryonic Stem Cells
- They have the potential to treat a wide range of diseases compared to adult stem cells.
- The embryos aren't viable meaning they can't survive past a few days and therefore wouldn't produce a fetus if placed in a womb.
- Embryonic stem cells can develop into all types of specialised cells.
1 of 2
Against Embryonic Stem Cells
- Only treatments have been discovered through the use of embryonic stem cells, no actual cure has been discovered as of yet.
- There is the potential for the body to reject the stem cells if they're not from the same person or are not compatible with the body.
- There is a 14 day deadline for the embryo to be used - after that is it considered MURDER.
- Some people believe the process is PLAYING GOD.
2 of 2