- Created by: horlockm
- Created on: 20-04-15 11:24
It is the job of the System Analyst to perform both the feasibility study and (if necessary) the analysis.
Before a new system is produced it is essential that the need for a new system be established, i.e. is it actually necessary. The feasability study will dtermine whether or not the project should go ahead. There are five main factors to consider (TELOS):
- Technical feasibility: does the technology exist to develop the proposed system?
- Economic feasibility: will the proposed system be cost-effective?
- Operational feasibility: will the current work procedures need to be changed with the proposed system? How will the lives of the workers change?
- Schedule feasibility: how long will the system take to develop?