- Wildlife increases from less chemical pollution.
- WIBDECO research new methods of weed control.
- Old banana plants are mulched and returned to the land - adding nutrients and protecting the soil.
- The Buffer Zone is 16 ft away from streams.
1 of 3
- Money goes to rural areas - helps keep people on the land.
- Farmers get 4.67c more for each pound of bananas.
- Higher cost of production - people pay the higher prices because of the Fairtrade labelling.
2 of 3
- No children labour allowed.
- Social Premium helps to build schools.
- Farmers are educated and encouraged to protect the environment.
- Social Premium helps to improve roads - easier for farmers to get their products to the market.
3 of 3