Q: Why does an increase in temperature increase the rate of reaction?
- Enzymes work more effectively
- Molecules move faster - so have more collisions
- Colliding with more force
1 of 3
Q: Why do enzymes stop working if the temperature is too hot?
- Their shape changes - they denature
- The reacting molecules will not fit into the active site
2 of 3
Q: Why does the pH have to be 'right' for the reaction to go well?
- Enzymes work best in a narrow pH range
- If it varies too much then they might denature
3 of 3