- Off spring will show variation in characterisitics, some variations will be better adapted to the environement than others.
- Limited resources causes competition between individuals.
- Individuals that happen to have variations that are better adapted will be more likely to surivive and other will die. This is known as 'surival of the fittest' or 'natural selection' .
- Evolution means a gradual change over time.
- Darwin realised if the enironement changed the diffrent variations may be better suited to the new conditions.
- if the environement changes rapidly no iduviduals have adaptials that will hellp them survive and the species may become extinct.
- speciation ~ formation of new species when populations of a specie are seperated geographically and evolve unti they are no longer capable of interbreeding.
1 of 1