- Austria-Hungary blames the Serbian goverment for the assassination.
- There demanding compensation and the right to send troops in Serbia
1 of 9
- Serbia refused to let these troops in.
- Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia and shells Belgrade.
2 of 9
- Russia begins mobilising troops ready to help Serbia
3 of 9
- Germany demands that Russia stop mobilising.
4 of 9
- Russia rufuse.
- Germany declares war on Russia.
5 of 9
- France begins mobilising to help Russia.
6 of 9
- Germany declares was on France
7 of 9
- Germany sends troop through Belgium to attack France, following the Schlieffen Plane.
- Belgium is neutral, and Britain has agreed to protect Belgium.
- Britain order Germany to withdraw.
- Germany refuses.
- Britain declares war on Germany.
8 of 9
- Austria-Hungary declares war on Russia.
9 of 9
Similar History resources: