- Created by: Kieran
- Created on: 16-05-11 11:18
- Often refurred to as MERCY KILLING or DYING WITH DIGNITY.
Types Of Euthanasia
- Voluntary Euthanasia- Euthanasia is performed because the patient has ASKED for it.
- Involuntary Euthanasia- Euthanasia is performed WITHOUT the patient being told. (E.G- Coma Patient)
- Passive Euthanasia- Doctors give the patient pain killing drugs or switch of a life macine moniter, KNOWING that it will KILL the patiant.
- Active Euthanasia- Doctors do NOTHING to save the patients life.
- Compulsory Euthanasia- Euthanasia has to be performed beacuse a person has a certain illness or has reached a certain age. (NOT LEGAL IN THE UK!)
1 of 3
- The right to SELF-DETERMINE- if it is what the patient wants, it should be able to happen.
- No animal would be made to stay in pain, WHY SHOULD A HUMAN?
- Feeding tubes PROLONG the dying of patients.
- Can a person be SURE that this is truley what they want?
- There have been IMPROVEMENTS in caring, so it is not necassary to die. Someone could look after you.
2 of 3
- The law PROTECTS the majority of society from harmful consequences of allowing Euthanasia.
- SUICIDE is legal, not to allow disabled people help with dying is DISCRIMINATION.
3 of 3