- Created by: Alpha_Alexo
- Created on: 04-02-18 10:56
Dynamic Equilibrium & Factors
Dynamic Equilibrium - When the rate of forward reaction = rate of backward reaction.
Equilibrium only occurs in a closed system because here there are no extra gases or compounds which are involved.
Factors That Affect Equilibrium:
- Temperature Increase - POE moves in the direction of endothermic reaction. Less time to reach equilibrium.
- Pressure Increase - POE moves towards side with fewer molecules of reacting gas. Less time to reach equilibrium.
- Concentration Of Reacting Substance Increased - POE moves away from reacting substance. Less time to reach equilibrium.
- Catalyst Added - POE doesn't change. Less time to reach equilibrium.
POE - Position of equilibrium.