- Created by: [email protected]
- Created on: 05-02-15 19:13
Enzymes in Food
Enzymes are the 'biological' ingredients in biological washing powders and detergents.
They are maily protein digesting enzymes and fat digesting enzymes.
Because the enzymes break down animal and plant matter they are ideal for removing stains like food or blood.
They are also effective at working at lower temperatures than other detergents.
- Proteins in baby food are pre digested so using protein digesting enzymes so they are easier for the baby to eat
- Carbohydrate-digesting enzymes can be used to turn starch syrup into sugar syrup
- Glucose syrup can be turned into fructose syrup using isomerase enzyme.
- Fructose is sweeter, so you can use less of it. (slimming foods and drinks)