- are biological catalysts, which increase the rate of a reaction.
- to work the substrate molecule binds to the active site and the product is released.
lock and key:
- active site is a lock and the substrate is the key.
- specific active site.
- enzyme is flexible so the active site can change.
- the substrate starts to bind, active site changes shape.
factors that effect the rate of reactions.
- temperature + reaction untill 40
- PH + reaction until 7 - 8.
- E-concentration + reaction
- S-concentration + reaction
- inhibitors - rate of reaction : comp - fit / non-comp - dont fit.
1 of 1