Why waters essential:
- Physiological Solvent
- Transport of water
- Temperature control
- Anomolous expansion on freezing
- High specific heat capacity
- Provision of aqauatic habitats
- Most areas upon earth are over 0 degrees C which means it can support liquid water .
- Enzymes need water as a solvent as at higher tempratures they can denature.
- Some organisms can survive tempretures higher than this an example of these are thermophilic bacteria.
1 of 4
Suitable ambient gases:
- Carbon Dioxide (Photosynthesis and climate control)
- Nitrogen (Protein synthesis)
2 of 4
Light and radiation from the sun:
- Sunlight-Energy for photosynthesis
- Heat production when absorbed-The source of energy for the water cycle and climate.
- UV and Ionising radiation.
3 of 4
This can be caused by the earth itself or its posi
- Distance from Sun
- Daily Rotation
- Tiltled Axis
- Molten layers beneath the crust
4 of 4