make sure you use CLISM
C- content = what is the poem about?
L-language= what language features are used?
I- imagery = do any words create an image in your head?
S- structure =is your peom in free verse? stanzas? how many?
M- message = does the poem have a meaning?
Always make sure you use PEA for your paragraphs.
- Nature fighting back
"fighting back about the same ground"
- humans cutting natures life
- nature and humans will always grow
"their sons appear stiff with weapons"
break of day in the trenches
- war fighting againist our own kind.
" now you have touched this english hand"
- poppies grow from the blood of humans
"poppies whose roots are in mans vieins"
- nature mocks men
" a queer sardenic rat"
back of day in the trenches
- nature cant work with us becuase we wont let it.
"secret deerhood clear on my show vision "
- nature has become allien like.
" to remember the password and sign"
- poems show that ted doesnt understand the deer.
" shows screen visions of the abnormal"
a blade of grass
- the blade of grass is a symbol of affection
" dressed itself in frost"
- you dont always need to give presents to show someone you love them.
" i write you a tradgey about now a blade of grass is hard to accept "
BLADE OF GRASS
- there is a war between humans and nature
" green spears"
- we cant protect are loved ones from everyday danger
"my son would often feel sharp wounds again"
- we are willing to prefrom acts of volience to protect the people we love
- families arent always perfect and you always need to work things out.
"some buds remain closed as secrets"
- cutting people out is not always a good thing.
"cutting the stem with a sharpe knife"
- the poem has a strong image of heart break.
" compressed airtight."