- Created by: Kirsten
- Created on: 01-04-13 13:08
- Denotes- Exact meanning of a word or phrase.
- Conotes- Meaning associated with a word.
- Standfirst- Line of text after the headline whih gives more information about the article.
- Imperative Verbs- Instructions, orders
Devices within Language
Language Devices - Used in persuasion and an arguement.
E= Emotive language
GAPS= Genre, Audience,Purpose and Style.
Writing to Argue ( Informal)
- Your Opinion ( forceful and direct)
- Puts pressure on the audiencxe to accept writer's belief.
Writing to Persaude
-Indirect- more relaxing
- Covices the audience to be on the writer's side
Writing to Advice ( Formal)
-Practical (offers more than one choice) language more nuetral
-Involes advantages and disadvantages.