- Created by: Liv39
- Created on: 30-03-18 19:07
- SCROOGE is a rich but very mean businessman who does not like Christmas.
- He argues with his NEPHEW about the meaning of Christmas and rejects his friendship.
- He refuses to give any money to the poor.
- He is visited by THE GHOST OF JACOB MARLEY, who warns him of what will happen after his death if he does not change.
1 of 5
- THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST shows SCROOGE some of his Christmases.
- As a child, SCROOGE was lonely but found escape in books.
- He had a sister, FRAN, who later died, leaving a child.
- When SCROOGE was a young clerk he was happy working for generous MR FEZZIWIG.
- SCROOGE was engaged to be married but his fiancee broke the engagement because he was only interested in money.
- SCROOGE is upset by what he is shown and begins to show emotion.
2 of 5
- THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PRESENT shows SCROOGE the CRATCHITS' Christmas.
- He tells SCROOGE that TINY TIM will die if nothing changes.
- THE GHOST shows SCROOGE his NEPHEW, FRED, enjoying Christmas will his family and friends. SCROOGE is happy and lighthearted.
- Before disappeaing, THE GHOST shows SCROOGE two monstrous children who symbolise ignorance and want.
3 of 5
- SCROOGE is shown some businessmen talking about someone's death.
- He sees people selling the dead man's belongings.
- The only poeple who feel any emotion about the man's death are glad that he is dead.
- THE GHOST shows him the CRATCHITS mouring for TINY TIM.
- THE GHOST reveals that the dead man is SCROOGE. SCROOGE says he has learned from the spirits and begs for a chance to change.
4 of 5
- SCROOGE wakes up on Christmas morning, happy and determined to change.
- He sends a huge turkey to the CRATCHITS.
- He spends a happy Christmas with his NEPHEW and family.
- He looks after the CRATCHITS amd is a changed man for the rest of his life.
5 of 5