Mary 1 (Bloody Mary)
- She was the eldest daughter of Henry VIII & Catherine of Aragon.
- Mary is remembered for restoring Englad to Roman Catholoicism.
- She had almost 300 religious dissenters burned at the srake, earning her nickname "Bloody Mary"
- She married Philip 2rd of Spain and was childless.
1 of 5
Philip 2rd of Spain
- Devoted Catholic, who wanted every country to be Catholic
- Married Mary 1st
- King of the wealthest and most powerful contry in the world
- Spain friendly with England but emenies with France
- He ruled the nertherland and parts of Italy
- His army was the stronges in Europe
- Wanted to marry Elizabeth.
2 of 5
Mary Queen of Scots (MQS)
- Elizabeth's cousin and heir to the throne
- Clamed she was rightful queen
- Srong catholic had support from many English catholic & support from france
- She was implicated in the murder of her husband
- Arrived in Englad 1568 aged 26
- Was a foucs of a number of plots
- Finally excuted in 1587.
3 of 5
- Dudley was a memeber of Elizabeth's (E) privy Council
- Dudley & E were childhood friends and he was a favourite of hers
- His farther was excuted for plotting agaist Mary Tudor
- He was a Purtian
- Very Ambitious-dislike Willam, Cecil
- E granted him monopoly of sweet wine
- His wife died in suspisous circumstances
- Stepfarther to Robert Daverveux, Earl of Essex.
4 of 5
- Gentry from Kent, well educated, memer of the privy council
- A strong Purtian who fled abroad during Mary's reign
- Spoken a number of languages and had contacts abroad
5 of 5
Similar History resources: