- made up of 1 type of atom.
- can't be broken down by physical + chemical methods.
- Oxygen (O2), Nitrogen (N2), Carbon (C).
1 of 3
- formed when 2 or more elements bond together chemically.
- composition identical in every shape.
- can only be seperated by chemical methods.
- properties of a compound are totally different than the properties of the elements that form them.
2 of 3
- form when elements and/or compounds are combined physically.
- properties are related to its components.
- compostition varies.
- can be seperated by physical methods.
- tea, perfume, air.
3 of 3