The causes of water pollution
- Airports use water to dump untreated oil.
- 800 million litres of untreated sewage go into the river every day.
- Industrial waste goes straight into the river.
1 of 6
Effects of water pollution
- Metals and plastic clog up the drains and blocks them.
- Toxic waste
2 of 6
Solutions to reduce water pollution
- Education projects to help people understand why they shouldn't dump rubbish in rivers.
- Improving water supply, sanitation and drains.
- The river was dredged to make it deeper.
3 of 6
The causes of air pollution
- Exhaust gases from vehicles.
- Smoke from burning rubbish.
- Factory chimneys pollute the air.
- Burning fossil fules.
4 of 6
Effects of air pollution
- Breathing difficulties
5 of 6
Solutions to reduce air pollution
- The city has banned diesel as a fuel.
- 58,000 taxis use compressed natural gas.
- Main roads in and out of the city have been upgraded.
- Less traffic congestion
6 of 6