- Created by: HarryS02
- Created on: 21-05-20 12:10
Reasons for Edward's religious views
What did Edward inherit?
- Catholic church in doctrine and rites
- Majority of England were Catholic
What was Edward's religious view?
- Raised as a protestant by Catherine Parr and tutor Richard Coxe
- Edward tried to change sister Mary's religion BUT couldn't
Phases of change under Edward:
1547: attack Catholicism.
1548: period of uncontrolled Protestant activity.
1549 - 1552: establishment of Protestant worship.
1553: establishment of fully reformed church