FEATURES OF E-COMMERCE WEBSITES
· Facility for browsing products. Also a search facility for finding products.
· Virtual shopping basket. Shopper can add items to basket, remove items, change quantities.
· Checkout with secure payment facility. Shopper fills in delivery address, credit card details. Chooses delivery option.
· There must be a database of products storing Product Code, Description, Price, Quantity in stock, etc.
· Database should also store details of customers (Login ID, password, Name, Address, email address, etc.).
· When an order is placed this is stored in the database. Usually an email is sent to the customer confirming the order.
- CUSTOMER CAN USE 'SELF SERVICE
- NO TRANSPORT COSTS - SO CHEAPER TO GO SHOPPING
- CAN SHOP AT HOME
- MAKES CUSTOMER INDEPENDENT