Sociology is the study of how people live together in society.
1 of 3
- Society is made up of all the human groups that we belong to.
- Everyone is a member of a human group.
- Human groups can be large = towns, sport supporters, religion
- Or small = families, friends and villages
- All the groups have seperate rules for how to behave and think
- All of the groups affect us on how we act and think however we normally dont always realise it.
- The study of these groups is SOCIOLOGY.
2 of 3
Fact or Opinion..
- Everyone has their own opinion on whether something is right, wront, true or false.
- Sociologists use evidence to talk about the world, they base their ideas on facts they know or on evidence.
- They keep their own ideas about what's right or wrong out of their work and try to understand why people think the way they do.
3 of 3