What is the chemical name for GHB?
What is GHB?
- The protonated form of GHB is white and odourless and solid when converted into a metal sal.
- The KGHB and NaGHB salts are both very hygroscopic.
- GHB is mostly found as an colourless liquid slightly salty (Advantageous to use to intoxicate somebody).
How is GHB controlled in legislation?
- Class C drug since 1st July 2003 in the UK.
- Federally controlled (schedule 1) since March 2000 in USA.
What are some street names for GHB?
- Liquid ecstasy
- Liquid X
- Easy Lay
What is the history of the drug?
It was origionally designed to be an anasthetic which can cross the BLOOD BRAIN BARRIER.
It has been recently used to treat narcolepsy and catalepsy, and to help alcohol/opiate withdrawal.
GHB is currently heavily used in DFSA (drug-facilitated sexual assaults) in the same way as Rohypnol and Ketamine.
How could you describe GHB chemically?
It is a small endogeneous polar compound.
What are some similar nutritional and dietary pros
- Blue Nitro (GBL)
- Renewtrient (GHB)
- Midnight Blue (GBL)
- SomatoPro (1,4-BD)
- Serenity (1,4-BD)
- Enliven (1,4-BD)
What is the origin and history of GHB starting fro
1874 - GHB first synthesised by Alexander Zaytsev in Russia.
1960's - Used for human research.
70's, 80's and 90's - Widely used in Europe as a sleeping agent, and anti-depressant.
90's - GHB used in DFSA and robbery.
2000's - GHB banned.
2009 - Dangerous industrial use of GHB, precursor banned (GBL), and medical use.
What is meant by 'in vitro'?
- GHB is converted into GBL in alkaline solution.
- Converted back (reverse reaction) in acidic solution.
What are 2 chemical precursors of GHB?
- GBL Gamma-butyrolactone
- 1,4 BD 1,4 butandiol
What is GBL? What is it's chemical structure?
GBL industrial use: difficult to estimate after recent ban. No longer officially used.
- Viscous clear liquid
- Used instead of GHB in 50% of the cases
- Very rapid conversion into GHB in the body
- Possible slightly delayed effect
What is 1,4 butandiol? What is its chemical struct
1,4-Butanediol industrial use: solvent in plastics, elastic fibers and polyurethanes manufacture.
World production is about one million metric tons per year (Still not banned). Prosecution possible.
“One Comma Four”
- Viscous clear liquid
- Rapid conversion into GHB in the body
What is the chemical structure of GHB?
What are the pharmalogical effects of GHB?
1. GHB dose
6. Visual Disturbance
7. Depressed breathing