- Created by: Maisie Packard
- Created on: 01-04-10 17:06
- Drug is a substance which alters the way your body works.
- It affects your mind, body or both.
- There are certain drugs that you use for medicine and other drugs for pleasure.
- Many of the drugs that are used for medicine or pleasure come from natural substances, often plants.
- Usually some of the drugs used for pleasure are socially acceptable other are illegal.
1 of 2
- Some drugs change the chemical process in your body so that you could become addicted to them.
- You can become dependant on them.
- If you are addicted to them you cannot function and manage properly.
- When addcited you always want more of the drug to keep you feeling normal.
- When addicts try and stop they usually feel very unwell.
- Headaches, pains, sweating, shaking, aches and cravings for the drug.
- This is called WITHDRAWL SYPTOMS
- Drugs change the chemical process in the body, so you amy become addicted to them.
- Illegal and legal drugs may harm the body.
- Smoking drugs, eg cannabis may cause psycological problems.
2 of 2