- What is Cancer ?
- What are the symptoms of bowel Cancer?
- What 3 methods are used to treat Cancer?
- What are the side effects of each treatment ?
- Which methods are usually used to treat Colon Cancer ?
- What is thought to reduce the risk of Colon Cancer ?
1 of 8
- Progressive and uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells.
- Blood in faeces & Change in Bowel habits.
- Radiotherapy , Chemotherapy and Surgery.
- Radiotherapy - Localised hair loss & minor burning of the skin.
- Chemotherapy - Hair loss & destruction of white blood cells.
- Surgery - May come back & Infections.
- All three can be used.
- Calcium & Folic acid.
2 of 8
Coeliac Disease (Questions)
- What causes a problem for Coeliac disease sufferers?
- What are the physiological effects in the small intestine when a Coeliac sufferer eats something they shouldn't ?
- How many people are thought to have Coeliac Disease ?
- What is the only effective treatment of Coeliac Disease ?
3 of 8
Coeliac Disease (Answers)
- Wheat, Rye, Protein, Gluten & Barley.
- Flattening of the villi in small intestine which interferes with absorption of digested products.
- Gluten-free diet
4 of 8
Diverticultular Disease (Questions)
- What is the disease where small pouches form in the gut and bulge outwards?
- What is it called when these pouches get infected ?
- What are the symptoms of this condition ?
- What is believed to cause this condition ?
- What is the treatment ?
5 of 8
Diverticultular Disease (Answers)
- Diverticultular disease.
- Mild cramp , Bloating & Constipation.
- Low fibre diet
- Diet high in fibre & Mild pain medication.
6 of 8
Peptic Ulcers (Questions)
- What is a Peptic ulcer ?
- What cause Peptic Ulcers ?
- What are the Symptoms ?
- What is the treatment for a Peptic ulcer ?
7 of 8
Peptic Ulcers (Answers)
- The erosion of the lining of the stomach wall .
- Increased production of stomach acid & The mucus lining is damaged.
- Constant stomach pain made worse when eating , Weight loss,Vomiting & Nausea.
- Antibiotics,Drugs to reduce stomach acid & Drugs to protect stomach lining.
8 of 8