- Created by: Angelique
- Created on: 16-12-12 08:05
- teeth and tongue use mechanical digestion.
- create bolus.
- secreates pancreatic juice and bile.
- bile doesnt contain enzymes.
- most digestion happens in the doudenum.
- ileum is the place of final digestion and absorption.
- ileum has large sa, villi and micro villi, sort diffusion distance and a high conc gradient.
salivary amylase starts digestion of starch.
pancreatic amylase digests remaining starch in the duodenum.
disaccharides in e.c complete digestion from disaccharides to monosaccharides.
- maltose (maltase) -> glucose.
- sucrose (sucrase) -> glucose & fructose
- lactose (lactase) -> glucose & galactose
1 of 1