Materials & Stability
The materials an MP3 Docking Station is regularly made using:
High Density Polystyrene:
- It can be made in a range of colours
- Light weight
The stability of an MP3 Docking Station can depend on:
- The width of its base
- Possible 'rubber stoppers' (To stop the speakers from rattling)
Function & Cost
The function of the stations are:
- To dock with the most popular MP3 Player
- Supplied with a remote control
- Powerful speakers
- Can connect to USB/Computer
- Can be powered by batteries, USB or mains
The possible cost of an MP3 Docking Station is:
- £50 - Affordable price for teenagers
- Possible present
- Similar to any other MP3 Docking Stations
- Good value for money
Age Group & Places To Use
The age group that would buy the MP3 Docking Station:
- Teenager - It is modern and similar in style to others. The price is within range.
- A young person - more likely to use this device as a mobile speaker system
The places to use the Docking Station can be:
- Teenagers Bedroom
- Living Room
- As a portable device - light weight, it can be transported easily
How Can It Be Improved?
How could this product (Docking Station) be improved?
- Multicoloured? - Using one colour makes the product look plain.
- More exciting?
- Different versions? - More expensive versions = better speakers
I would make it multicoloured. Just using one colour makes the docking station seem a little ‘bland’ or plain. It needs to look a little more exciting. I would also supply it in different versions. The more expensive versions would have quality speakers, whilst the cheaper version would have basic speakers, providing adequate sound.