- Created by: Jade Boylett-Long
- Created on: 25-03-11 10:00
Definition of positive reinforcement?
- Withdrawing or not giving praise/ reward after an unsuccessful performance.
- Or removing an unpleasant experience to encourage successful performance.
1 of 8
Definition of reaction time?
- The time between the first presentation of the stimulus to the start of the movement.
2 of 8
Definition of thorndikes law of exercise?
- Practice/repetition is required to strengthen the S-R bond.
3 of 8
Definition of distributed practice?
- practice sessions with rest periods/ breaks included.
4 of 8
Definition of negative transfer?
- when the learning of a new task is interfered with by the knowledge of a similar activity.
5 of 8
Definition of knowledge of performance?
- information on how well the skill or movement is being performed.
6 of 8
Definition of arousal?
- Arousal is a physiological state of alertness and anticipation which prepares the body for action.
7 of 8
Definition of a continuous skill?
- No clear start and end. repetition of same skill/ movement.
8 of 8
Similar Physical Education resources: