- Created by: Rebekah Harvey
- Created on: 08-02-12 18:58
Outline of Resaerch or Measurement
Quantitative researh method.
Produced by the Government or other official bodies.
Official Statistics are based on surveys from the census which covers all households in the UK, these are none as national surveys, however you can also have smaller, more localised surveys.
Most of the data is published by Social Trends or the Office for National Statistics.
+ It is a quantative research method allowing for a more scientific approach to looking for trends and anticipating issues.
+ Surveys can often effect social policies created by the Governement.
- When looked at individually these surveys are not always comprehensive or easily understood.
- Ignorant of certain social issues which may be affecting the statistics.
- The operational structure of surveys can often differ between surveys.