- Failure to act- Law only makes person liable where has duty to act. Arise number ways:
- Person’s contract- Pitwood- Convicted as failed carry out duty to shut gate; as part of contract of employment.
- Person’s public position- Dytham- Convicted as he neglected his duty to act to protect V.
- Act of Parliament- seat belt
- Fails to minimise harmful consequence of act- Miller- Duty to minimise harmful effects of fire.
- Person voluntarily takes on a duty- Stone and Dobinson- Allowing her to stay they took on a duty of care.
1 of 1