Still a crime today?
Vagrancy-Still a crime today-Different because now, if you are going to a different country without paying or without anyone knowing.
Witch Craft-not a crime.
Poaching-Still a crime today-People do it now ito make a profit, not because they are starving and need to feed there family, it does not make much money nowadays.
Drinking and not attending church-not a crime.
Highway Robbery-Still a crime-Its still a crime but is done now in cars instead of horses usually in traffic lights. Not a very common one any more.
Smuggling-Still a crime-Usually drugs instead of rum and beer.
Riot-Still a crime-A quiet protest if you don't want something to happen is ok. But a big loud riot is still illegal.
- wanted to blame people for deseases, the weather all all the bad things that happened.
- People such as; old people, lived on there own, easy to humiliate
- MATHEW HOPKINS-Witch finder.
- Scar, Boil, Spot-mark of the devil
- People with pets-mouse, fly or spider (Witch Familer)
Singing drinking and celebrating
- No longer crimes today-baking bread instead of going tochurch, swearing 40 times, druckeness, refusing to obeying your husband despite warnings to constable, Youth fighting in church.
- PURITIANS WANTED EVERYTHING ORDERED AND TIDY.
- Puritians were really strict on what you should do on a sunday.
-Deer poaching now
-Police dont take it as serious
-Fines usually about 5 thosand
Doesn't happen any more, people arnt starving and there are benefits and pensions.
- POOR POACHERS-colliers, weavers, servents, Poor Farm labourers and poor servents-edge of dieing.
- Needed food.
- FUN-wealthy people, handle the consenquences-message across was that landowners were better than everyone.
- ORGAINISED GROUPS-Trade-alot of money from selling meat.
- ORGAINISED POACHING-supply food for pubs-people on look out,so wouldnt get caught.