- Created by: Rachelb98
- Created on: 20-04-15 14:52
Core science - convection
Convection is the movement of particles from a hot place to a cool place taking the energy with them.
- particles at heat source move faster, high kinetic energy - rise
- water expands and becomes less dense
- low density = hot water rises over denser water
- hot water rises makes cold water sink
- cold water heated by coils and then rises.
Hot water = less dense ---> rises and the cool water = dense -----> sinks.
1 of 1
Similar Physics resources: