- Created by: maddieecarr
- Created on: 01-12-19 11:48
- a beaker
- a filter funnel
- a measuring cylinder (1 or 10 cm3 )
- a 10 cm piece of pondweed
- a light source
- a metre rule
- a stopwatch.
1 of 2
- Put your 10 cm piece of pond weed (cut edge at the top) into a beaker of water.
- Cover the pondweed with an inverted filter funnel – raised off the bottom of the beaker with plasticine.
- Fill the measuring cylinder with water and gently position.
- Use the ruler to position the beaker of pondweed 1 metre away from the light source.
- Start the stopwatch and:
- a. count and record the number of bubbles released in three minutes
- b. record the volume of gas produced and collected in the measuring cylinder in the same three minutes.
- Record your results in a table.
- Move the light source so that the pondweed beaker is 80 cm away.
- Refill the measuring cylinder with water and gently position as in the diagram. Repeat the experiment
- Repeat for distances of 60, 40 and 20 cm
2 of 2