- Created by: maddieecarr
- Created on: 01-12-19 11:58
- a metre ruler
- a chair
- a table
- any further equipment needed depending on the factor you are changing.
1 of 2
- Work with a partner to do this test. Choose who will be person 1 and who will be person 2.
- Each of you should use your dominant hand to do this experiment. If you are right handed then your dominant hand is your right hand.
- Person 1 sits down on the chair, with good upright posture and eyes looking across the room.
- Person 1 puts the forearm of their dominant arm across the table with their hand overhanging the edge.
- Person 2 holds a ruler vertically with the bottom end (the end with the 0 cm mark) in between person 1’s thumb and first finger. They will tell person 1 to prepare to catch the ruler.
- Person 1 catches the ruler with their thumb and first finger as quickly as possible when it drops.
- Record the number on the ruler that is level with the top of person 1’s thumb.
- Have a short rest, then repeat the test several times.
2 of 2