- Created by: kingkn
- Created on: 08-04-16 11:05
Control in Plants
Plants sensitive to light, moisture and gravity.
Shoots grow : Towards light, against force of gravity.
Roots grow: Towards moisture, direction of force of gravity.
Produce hormones to coordinate + control growth.
Auxin (hormone) coordiantes and controls growth in plants. Unequal distribution of hormones causes unequal growth rates.
Artificial plant hormones
Used in Agriculture.
- Chemicals synthesised that are similar to plant hormones
- People concerned chemicals entering food chain could be toxic
Chemicals used specific to weed e.g dandilion
- Cause weed to grow quickly
- Weed cannot sustain rate of growth