How technology could solve resource problems
- Technology can be used to invent new fuels such as hydrogen which can be used to power cars (Ford- Edge)
- To make products that can run on less power
- It can be used as Boserup suggested to make agricultural advances such as GM crops
- To extract currently unreachable oil
Global Food supply
- More people want unseasonal food all year round, leading to more food miles meaning more pollution and a larger carbon footprint.
- Farmers switching to comercial farming as there is more money availible, which reduces the amount of food availible for local people meaning that they have to import food.
- People buy fairtrade food from abroud to support poor farmers which increases food miles and means local food is not bought.
Renewable resource: They renew without needin to be managed by people
Example: Wave and wind
Non-renewable resource: Cannot be remade once they're gone they're gone.
Example: Coal and oil
Sustainable resource: Will last if they are renewed and managed by humans
Energy resource: anything that can be used as a source of energy
Mineral resource: Natural resource in the form of minerals
Biological resourec: living resources
Example: plants and animals
Physical resource: Natural things that exist and can be used
Example: Rocks or coal