The Reichstag building's destroyed by fire:
- Probably arson by dutch communist lubbe.
- exploited by the Nazis to show the threat form the communists.
1 of 11
- Issued by using article 48.
- Gave secret police the right to hold protective custody with no evidence.
- repress the KPD.
- Remained in force throughout the third Reich.
2 of 11
- used radio, police and unofficial pressures to intimidate opponents.
- Voter turnout 88.8%.
- Slogan 'The battle against marxism'.
- Only get 44% of the vote Nationalist got 8%.
3 of 11
- Passed by Reichstag.
- Give emergency powers to government for 4 years.
- Hitler could pass decrees without the presidents involvement.
- But needed a 2/3 majority.
- Passed by 441 votes to 94.
- Renewed in 1938.
4 of 11
Law for the restoration of professional civil serv
- Involved people such as Jews, and Political Opponents.
- These people were no loonger allowed in courts, schools and universities.
5 of 11
Law aganist formation of new parties
- KPD&SPD already banned.
- Other parties dissolved themselves.
- No new parities allowed so Germany became a one party state.
6 of 11
- Churches banned from political activity.
- Government to protect religious freedom.
7 of 11
- Reichstag dissolved on 14th Oct.
8 of 11
Law for the reconstrustion of state
- Local Goverment overthrown by SA volence goverment appointed commissioners.
- Elected state assemblies dissolved.
- Nazi Gauleitrs created to run state.
9 of 11
Night of the Long Knives
- ** shoot many SA leaders and anyone seen as a threat.
10 of 11
- Hindenburg dies and hitler combinds both channlor and president using the enabling act.
11 of 11