The main laws to stop Computer Misuse
1. Computer Misuse Act (1990)
2. Data Protection Act
3. Copyright Law
4. Health and Safety legislation
Computer Misuse Act 1990
The computer misuse act prevents the following:
1. Unathorised access to computer material
2. Unauthorised acts with intentions to harm operations of computers
3. Unauthorised acts causing or creating risks involving serious damage
Unauthorised access to computer material
Means hacking, accessing information or data one knows they do not have authorisation to access, is illegal.
Unauthorised acts with intentions to harm computer operations
Makes changing data, operations or programming of computers, without permission, illegal.
Unauthorised acts causing or creating serious risks
Means anything done to a computer that can harm a person, security (of a country) or disruption of a very important programme (done knowingly), is illegal.