Cold War - The Marshall Plan and The Truman Doctri
The Marshall Plan
- This plan promised American aid to European countries to help rebuild their economies - West Germany benefited massively.
- $13 billion dollars in aid.
- The USA was worried that if Western Europe remained weak it might be vulnerable to communism.
The Turman Doctrine
- The USA would support any nation threatened by a Communist takeover.
- For example the USA gave $400 million of aid to Turkey and Greece to stop Communism spreading.
- A civil war had started in Greece 1946 between the pro-Western Government and Communists - Truman wanted to give the goverment all the help he could.
1 of 1