- The process of cloning is used to make copies of animal and plants.
- The copy is called clones. Clones are genetically identical to their original parent.
When cloning involves only one parent for the reproduction is called ASEXUAL REPRODUCTION.
When clones are produced naturally and are genetically identical organisms...
- When farmers have a cow with lots of good characteristics; he is likely to want to produce as many offspring's with the mother as possible.
- Therefore, they use surrogate mothers to carry the clones and he gets more calves in a year as a cow produces a calf a year. This is called embryo transplantation.
- Artificially insemination- When the fertilized egg divides into an eight- cell embryo. It is collected into four two- cell embryo.
- Sperm is collected from the bull.
- A cow is artificially inseminated with a sperm.
- Each embryo is then implanted at surrogate mothers...
- The cows will be identical to each other but not to their parent.
Moving the nucleus from one cell into another cell which has had its nucleus removed.