Increased black consciousness and activism
- Given full democracy.
- Questioned views on their racism because of Adolf Hitler.
- More support for their cause - President Roosevelt set up FEPC.
- Black people were employed.
1 of 7
Blacks and whites in overcrowded cities.
- Urban housing shortage led to overcrowding.
- Ghettos were created eg. Harlem.
- Riots in detroit.
- Authorities were unsympathetic.
- Houses destroyed to built the Pentagon.
- Lots of tension.
2 of 7
- Randolph pressured Roosevelt into making the FEPC to get fair employment.
- Stopping lynching
- Supreme Court trying to get blacks to be able to vote.
3 of 7
Sit ins and Boycotts.
- People peacefully protested for their own causes.
- Had to give up some boycotts to fight in order to note seem unpatriotic.
- The Congress of Racial Equality was set up (CORE).
4 of 7
Blacks and whites working together.
- Allowing them to work together - Alabama Dry Rock CO.
- Granted more freedom.
- Allowed to work alongside whites.
- Over 1 million served in the army.
- Still discrimination within the workplace.
- 'Last to be hired, first to be fired'
5 of 7
- People moved to the north to look for work.
- More ameneties - allowed to vote, more safety.
- More powerful and more important.
6 of 7
World War 2.
- Blacks earnt the equal rights through fighting.
- Some have more morale whereas others were inspired.
- Earnt the rights to education.
- More equality.
7 of 7