- Created by: Tiffany
- Created on: 22-12-10 22:26
Civil Courts- Jurisdiction> law OCR ~>COUNTY COURT
- contract and tort cases; land law cases OR recovery of land; disputes over partnerships, trusts & inheritance worth £50,000 and below
- HOWEVER some courts can hear the following; certain family cases e.g. divorce & related custody, property/maintenance disputes; bankruptcy cases; admirality cases up to £5,000 OR £15,000 for salvage cases & matters that are under the Race Relations Act 1976.
1 of 2
Civil Courts- Jurisdiction> law OCR ~>HIGH COURTS
HIGH COURTS ~>Queen's Bench Division
- contract & tort cases over £50,000 & some from £15,000
- Commercial court>>insurance, banking, and other commercial matters.
- Admirality court>>shipping, claims for damage caused by collison at sea, disputes over salvage rights when a ship has sunk or been stranded.
- Technology & Construction Court>>cases in the Chancery or the Queen's Bench Division which involve technically complex issues, such as building or litigation over computers
2 of 2