- Created by: nina Ilhan
- Created on: 02-01-19 17:38
- There is the same current through each component.
- The total potential difference of the power supply is shared between the components.
- The total resistance of two components is the sum of the resistanccve of each component.
1 of 4
- This is because the current has to travel through each component in turn.
- Adding resistors in series increases the total resistance in ohms:
- R (total) = R (1) + R (2)
2 of 4
- The potential difference across each component is the same.
- The total current drwan from the power supply is the sum of the currents through the seperate components.
- Adding resistors in parallel reduces the total resistance.
3 of 4
- The total resistance of two resistors is less than the resistance of the smallest individual resistor.
- This is because, in parallel, there are more paths for the current to take - it can take one or the other allowing it to flow more easily.
4 of 4