Beliefs about God
- Trinity - One God, three persons - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit
- Monotheism (no family, ONE etc)
- Omni words - Omniscient, omnipotent, Benevolent etc
- Apostles' Creed - "I believe in God, the Father Almighty..." (You will get extra marks for mentioning this. REMEMBER you don't have to quote it exactly, even a close reference will do!)
- Jesus is 'God's incarnate' (God in human form)
- God is seen as a judge and forgiving
Example Part A Question
Outline Christian beliefs about God (8)
1 of 4
Why do people believe in God?
- Logical arguments - Cosmological (How did the world get here? God must have brought it here), Theological (Design. It is too intricate to have just 'happened'. It must have a designer - God)
- Upbringing - if you have been taught to live in Christianity then more than likely you will carry on that way
- Experiences (If you have experienced a 'miracle' then it is likely that you will believe that God created the miracle and therefore will bellieve in God)
2 of 4
Activity of God in the world
- Jesus (everything He did when he was on Earth)
- Miracles - modern miracles and Jesus' miracles
- But who deserves miracles? Why aren't big problems like HIV in Africa solved yet?
3 of 4
Authority of the Bible
- Symbol of faith - frames peoples' whole living
- Comfort - eg Bereavement
- It comes from God and symbolises the TRUTH
- It's a guide to life. How to be a follower (Christian)
Example Part C Question
'Sacred texts should be written in modern languages so that everyone can understand them'
- Do you agree?
- Give reasons to support your answer
- Show that yo uhave thought about different points of view
- Refer to Christianity in your answer (5)
4 of 4