Christian Beliefs in Life After Death
Most Christians believe:-
- After death, the body stays in the grave
- Soul goes to God for judgement
- Good go to Heaven, souls of unrepentant sinners go to Hell
Catholics also believe:-
- Resurrection of the body
The idea that souls live on after death is called immortality of the soul.
1 of 2
Beliefs and Quotes
- Jesus told a thief on the cross that he would be in heaven that day
- Jesus said his father's house had many rooms
- The Church teaches that all Christians, dead and alive, belong to the Church
- Some Christians think the paranormal (ghosts, mediums) is evidence of an afterlife
- Jesus' body was raised from the dead
- The creed (St Paul): 'I believe in the resurrection of the body and everlasting life.'
- Resurrection of Jesus
- Teaching of the New Testament (Book of Revelation)
- Teaching of the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- The creed which said Jesus 'is seated at the right hand of the father and will come again to judge the living and the dead.'
2 of 2