Methods - Artificial
(1) Sterilisation - operation to permanently prevent fertilisation - 99.5% effective
(2) Barrier mthods - male condom - 98%
female condom - 95%
diaphragm and cap - 92-6%
(3) Intra uterine contraceptive devices (IUD's)
Coil - 98%
Methods - Natural
(1) Rythm Method - planning sex around most fertile and infertile times during womens monthly cycle - 80-98% (if regular cycle)
(2) Withdrawal method - withdrawing penis before ***********.
-not reliable/ or considered as contraception - sperm leak
Any safe form of contraception is accpeptable and sensible choice
(1) Sex is a joyous gift from God (not just reproduction) - contraception helps people enjoy
(2) God wants couples to to sensible and repsonsible of family
Use of contraception ensured children are wanted - supported and raised in a stable family.
ARTIFICIAL METHODS ARE WRONG
(1) unnatural = against the will of God
Only God gets to decide when life begins and ends, so going against this means defying God.
(2) Prevent possible creation of human life - violate Sanctity of Life
APPROVE OF NATURAL CONTRACEPTION, NATURAL CHANCE OF PREGNANCY