Changes In the UK
- Homosexuality is now widely featured in the media in shows and films etc. although often exxagerated and comical it eases people's perception on Homosexuality and devlops more positive stereotypes.
1 of 3
Evangelical Protestant View
- All Homosexual acts and thoughts are wrong
- They are sinful and one should pray to God to be hetrosexual
- God created man and woman to be together
- Natual Law (Aquinas) - the purpose of sex is procreation, something immorality and homosexuality can not achieve
- Homosexuality undermines the values of a family and is therefore bad for the society
"No man is to have sexual relations with another man.God hates that." (Leviticus 18:22)
"Neither the sexually immoral... or homosexual offenders will inherit the kingdom of God" (Corithians)
2 of 3
Roman Catholic View
- Being a homosexual is not a sin, thats the way God created you, however engadging in homsexual acts is.
- We can not help our feelings, but we must preserve our soul and remain celibate.
- The Bible condemns homosecual acts but not feelings
- Sex is exclusive and should only take place within a marriage which unites a man and a woman as one. - homosexual sex is forbidden.
- Natural law - the purpose of sex is procreation and homosexual sex leads to no new life
- The bible condemns all forms of sexual discrimination, we are all equal in the eyes of God and homophobia is forbidden
3 of 3